Although Holloway Consulting has worked as an expert witness in most states, we have prepared this page for Louisiana construction clients. If you are a construction client seeking to retain a Louisiana consulting expert, litigation expert, or Louisiana expert witness, this page should interest you.
Holloway Consulting is often retained as an expert witness on Louisiana construction matters because Mr. Holloway is a native Louisianian with proven expertise, national recognition, and credibility with Louisiana triers of fact. Mr. Holloway is a licensed General Contractor with regional offices in Louisiana. Over the past 40 years, he has built projects in Louisiana, and provided consulting and construction expert witness services on a wide range of Louisiana construction projects.
The most recent type of contractor claim in Louisiana arises from the adverse affects of Mississippi River water levels on construction projects adjacent to the river.
LOUISIANA CONSTRUCTION EXPERT WITNESS
LSU’s stadium expansion was underway when Hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit the area. However, this was not the only major issue that arose on the job. As a result, Holloway Consulting was retained by defense counsel to:
- Analyze and rebut issues raised in the General Contractor’s Request For Equitable Adjustment
- Perform analysis of the General Contractor’s non-excusable performance problems
- Perform construction schedule delay and acceleration analysis
- Perform an analysis of the General Contractor’s damages claims.
NEW ORLEANS SCHOOL SYSTEM BUILDING DAMAGES
Holloway has been retained by clients and school districts on a number of construction claims and law suits resulting from construction damage repairs performed in the wake of natural disasters, Mississippi River flooding, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, etc. A common type of dispute in this area arises from disagreements over the amounts billed by contractors under both cost-plus and fixed price agreements to a school district for building water/wind damage, repairs and clean-up.
CHEMICAL STORAGE AND TRANSPORTATION FACILITY (TURNKEY EPC DISPUTE)
Holloway Consulting was retained to provide construction expert causation analysis, CPM schedule delay analysis and construction damages analysis on a facility engineered, procured and constructed in the Post-Katrina period in south Louisiana. The impacts of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita on job costs and schedule is one of the primary issues to be resolved.
LOUISIANA AND GULF COAST CASINO AND HOTEL CONSTRUCTION DISPUTES
CASINO, NEW ORLEANS
Working for the surety, Holloway’s work on this Louisiana construction dispute involved an assessment of the progress and value of the work in-place following a stoppage in the work.
CASINO RESORT/HOTEL, MARKSVILLE, LOUISIANA
Holloway Consulting was retained by defense counsel because, Mr. Holloway is a native Louisianian with the proven expertise to provide construction claims consulting and construction expert witness services, and credible deposition and trial testimony relating to the construction of Casino Resorts. During construction, the job experienced significant mold infiltration. Our analysis focused on the causes of mold infiltration including:
- Contractor construction means and methods, scheduling and coordination of the work was deficient, and the contractor failed to ensure that the work was performed according to industry standards and the contract documents.
- Contractor improper sequencing of construction work, and inadequate control of construction-related moisture.
- The Contractor failed to meet the general contractor standard of care and the construction manager standard of care for projects of this nature and location.
- The Contractor did not implement a testing and monitoring program to determine the specific moisture levels in wallboard and other materials, prior to applying finishes.
HOTELS/CASINOS; TUNICA AND BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
Working for the surety, Mr. Holloway’s work on this construction dispute involved an assessment of the progress and value of the work in-place following a stoppage in the work. Essentially, the developer was found to be approximately 100% over their construction budget.
The Holloway Consulting Group, LLC was retained by the General Contractor to analyze and defend against claims brought by the Owner on this hotel and casino expansion project. Holloway Consulting’s analysis focused on EIFS claims for moisture and/or water exposure during construction, which then allowed for the formation of mold.
LOUISIANA RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS
LUXURY APARTMENTS (LOW-RISE), LAFAYETTE
The Holloway Consulting Group, LLC was retained by the Owner to conduct an independent investigation of residential construction defects at luxury apartments located in Lafayette, Louisiana. The purpose of Holloway’s investigation was to determine the cause(s) of various distresses and non-performances of building materials, products, assemblies, systems and components, along with the causes(s) of reported water intrusion identified at multiple locations throughout the Project. Additionally, Holloway was requested to provide general construction defect repair and defect remediation recommendations to correct identified construction defects and deficiencies, and to establish the probable costs associated with the correction activities. Our firm provided deposition testimony on these matters.
LUXURY APARTMENTS (MID-RISE), BATON ROUGE
The Holloway Consulting Group, LLC was retained by counsel for the electrical construction contractor to provide construction consulting and construction expert witness services relating to the work performed under the electrical subcontract with the General Contractor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our work included:
- Electrical construction standard of care,
- Electrical construction defect identification and defect repairs,
- General Contractor Standard of Care,
- Construction coordination analysis, and
- CPM schedule delay analysis.
Holloway Consulting wrote an expert report and provided deposition and arbitration testimony on this matter. Our client achieved a very favorable award.
See our blog on the causes of Residential Construction Disputes.
CHEMICAL PLANT, PETRO-CHEMICAL PLANT, OIL & GAS PROJECT DISPUTES
CRUDE OIL REFINERY UPGRADE PROJECTS (Construction-only), LAKE CHARLES
Mr. Holloway worked as a Project Engineer for Fluor-Daniels on a Conoco oil refinery project in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
AMMONIA PRODUCTION PLANT GRASS ROOTS EPC), STERLINGTON
Mr. Holloway worked as a Field Engineer for MW Kellogg on a grass roots ammonia unit in Sterlington, Louisiana for IMTT. His work involved all field engineering duties from survey/layout of battery limits, to survey civil work, to subcontracting to punchlist and startup.
CHEMICAL PRODUCTION PLANT (TURNKEY EPC DISPUTE)
The Holloway Consulting Group, LLC was retained by the Owner to analyze the EPC contractor’s claims, issue experts and provide expert testimony in a construction dispute under a GMP contract. Our work involved:
- Analysis of engineering and design issues;
- CPM schedule delay analysis;
- Contractor damages analysis and rebuttal;
- Prepare expert reports;
- Provide deposition testimony.
STRATEGIC PETROLEUM RESERVE, CRUDE AND BRINE PIPELINES, (EPC)
Mr. Holloway worked as a Field Engineer for Parsons-Gilbane on the SPR sites in Louisiana and Texas. His work involved all typical field engineering and construction-related duties.
POLYETHYLENE/POLYPROPYLENE (EPC), TAFT
Mr. Holloway worked as a Field Engineer for Fluor Corporation in Taft, Louisiana. His work involved all typical EPC project field engineering and construction-related duties.
Use this Search Engine to find the terms and information you need at our site.
And, the right side bar of each page here contains many related articles and posts.
The Holloway Consulting Group, LLC
Construction Advisers, Managers and Experts
12081 W. Alameda Pkwy., #450
Lakewood, CO 80228-2701
Denver Phone: (303) 984-1941
International Toll Free: (888) 545-0666
Fax: (303) 716-0432
See Related Selected Pages at our site hcgexperts.com (2-12-12)
- Steve Holloway Expert
- Damages Expert Cost Analysis
- Home Office Overhead Claims
- Mediation Arbitration Experts
- Damages Expert Modified Total Cost Method
- Cost Segregation Services
- Contract Cost & Performance Audits
- Advisory – Project Management PMO PMA
- Advisory – Consultants Financial Cost Management
- International Consulting Services
- Government Consultants Experts
- Standard of Care Contractor Manager
- Design Professional Standard of Care
- Surety Commercial General Liability
- Defects Experts Repair Costs
- Expert Witness Services
- Dispute Resolution Services
- Advisory Services of Holloway Consulting
- Claim Types
- Holloway Consulting’s Disputes Newsletter
- Latest News At The Holloway Consulting Group
- Consulting Firms Holloway Consulting
- Consulting Expert Advisory Management Firms
- Contact Holloway Consulting Group, LLC
- Consulting Firm Profile